19 July 2011

The beginning

This is my first blog post. Well... that's an awfully obvious and slightly awkward way to start things! At least you now have an idea of what to expect over the coming months.

I didn't really intend to start a blog, even after I'd accepted my position in Cairo, mainly because I worried I'd have to be consistently interesting. That's kind of a lot of pressure, as I realize most folks aren't as easily entertained as I tend to be.

But, my bloggy friends won out with their clever arguments about the ease of sharing travel photos, doing away with the need for long mass emails that nobody actually reads, and a reassurance that the almighty Google would be right there with me every step of the way, all but writing the thing for me.

OK. Fine. Here goes..

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you have taken the plunge and started a blog. I love its title! :-D

    ReplyDelete