01 April 2012

Welcome back - here's a sandstorm in your honor..

Landed back in Cairo today in the middle of a sandstorm. OK, it wasn't quite that dramatic, but you can't quite see the sun and my teeth feel gritty after walking to the store. Everything in my apartment is just as I'd left it, including a broken water heater in the kitchen and non-functional electricity in the bedroom. Ahlan wa sahlan, home sweet home!

I'm going to try and maintain the blog for my final months in Cairo. I let it fall into non-existence after my last work trip to Georgia (which I still haven't posted pictures from), and obviously a lot has happened since then. Rather than try and piece together all of November-March, I'll start from here and pick up a few loose ends along the way.

I'm feeling shellshocked and dazed these weeks, reeling from several losses and the resulting fallout.  At the same time, I'm a little excited to see how I can play the hand that I was dealt.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my last night in Amreeka for a while...



Thanks guys. I knew you wouldn't let me get on the plane without my hangover!

No comments:

Post a Comment